- 2 Red and/or yellow peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced into strips
- 250g of halloumi, sliced into cubes (you could use
- sausages if you prefer)
- 250g of uncooked brown rice
- Handful of sliced green olives (about 20 olives in total)
- 8 sundried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 can of Campbell’s Cream of Tomato soup
- 1 stock cube
- 200g of feta cheese, crumbled
- 125g ball of mozzarella, sliced
- Chopped fresh basil, to garnish
Step 1Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
Step 2Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into a large casserole dish, and add the red peppers, onions and halloumi. Use a spatula to mix them around and distribute the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 3Roast for 30 minutes until the peppers, onions and halloumi have browned on the edges. Halfway through, remove from the oven quickly and use a spatula to turn everything over and stop it from sticking.
Step 4Now turn the oven down to 180C.
Step 5Add the rice, olives, and sundried tomatoes and mix through. Pour in the cream of tomato soup, then fill the soup can with water and add that. Give it all a good stir, then add the stock cube and 400mls of boiling water.
Step 6Cover and bake for 50 minutes. About halfway through, take it out and stir again.
Step 7Remove from the oven and stir in another 175mls of boiling water. Now top with the sliced mozzarella and crumbled feta, and put back into the oven, uncovered, for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the mozzarella cheese is melted and crisped.
Step 8Garnish with fresh basil and serve.