- 1 can of Campbell’s condensed chicken soup
- A can of water
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 carrots (or however many you like), sliced
- 4 gammon steaks.
- Potato’s, I use Maris Piper, sliced to about the same thickness as your gammon
- Black pepper.
- Cheese of your choice, cheddar, Cheshire etc
- 1 can of 4 pineapple slices in own juice
- Peas to serve
- Cheese scone, puff pastry, pie crust, optional
Step 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, fan assisted.
Step 2In a large casserole dish pour in the soup mixed well with the water
Step 3Season with the black pepper
Step 4Layer the sliced onions then the carrots
Step 5Add a layer of potato then top with gammon steaks followed by a final layer of potatoes
Step 6Cover and pop into the oven for about an hour, then check that it’s not too dry if it adds some hot water until it’s a consistency that you like
Step 7Add the pineapple juice at this point. Put it back into the oven for a further 20/30 minutes until gammon and potatoes are thoroughly cooked
Step 8Uncover the casserole and cover the top layer of potatoes with the cheese and pineapple. Put back into the oven until cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve with peas of your choice.