- 350g/12oz new potatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (optional)
- 1 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 295g can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Tomato Soup
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Small handful fresh chopped flatleaf parsley (optional)
Step 1Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes until just tender.
Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally until softened.
Step 3Add the garlic, chilli powder and ground cumin and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Step 4Mix the Campbell's Condensed Soup with 300ml/1/2 pint water until smooth and stir into the onion mixture. Bring to a simmer before crumbling the stock cube into the mixture.
Step 5Drain the potatoes and stir into the soup mixture with the peppers and kidney beans. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes.
Step 6Season to taste and scatter with the parsley if using.
Step 7Serve with warm crusty bread or plain boiled rice.